The Goaltending Jamboree is now full.
Novice/Atom Goaltending Jamboree
As part of Hockey Canada's focus on improving goaltending, Hockey Regina is pleased to announce a new annual event, The Novice/Atom Goaltending Jamboree.
Open to all Novice and 1st year Atom players, including both declared goalies, and those who just wish to try the position out.
Attendees will experience expert instruction and gain knowledge and skills in a formal training environment with some of Regina's premiere goaltending instructors. Parents will gain greater appreciation and insight into the position.
Player wanting to try out goaltending
- Goaltending equipment (chest/arm protector, goalie gloves, leg pads) and sticks will be available for the day
- Try out attendees still require their own helmet/cage, neck gard, hockey pants, cup and garter, hockey socks and large jersey. Regular hockey skates are perfectly fine at this age.
- Try out goalies will need to show up 1 hour before ice time to get sized up with gear
- Attendance is strongly encouraged for all players who have declared goaltending as their position already
- It is assumed that declared goalies have all equipment already (whether their own or HRI equipment)
- Participants are required to "bring a buddy" as a shooter. This can be a sibling, parent, friend, coach, etc. Parents should take note of the learning opportunity below. Buddy's will receive a complimentary drink.
- Saturday September 16th, 13:30 - 17:15 at the Co-operators Centre
- Each session 1 hour 15 minutes on ice instruction.
- Parents will attend off-ice information sessions to help them understand goaltending. Discussion will include, sources for drills, HRI goaltending experts, SHA goalie clinics for parents/coaches, local goalie schools, equipment, etc, and any questions that may come up.
- Local retailers will be on site to showcase the latest equipment from some of the leading equipment suppliers.
To register CLICK HERE
Contact: Mark Burton <Development@hockeyregina.ca> for more information